Saturday, January 9, 2010

DEERE,JOHN (greens and yellows ROCK)

Since JMS was the only person to take a stabat the riddle, all I gotta sayis:

The original quote was, "With friends like these, who needs enemies?" which relates to Walt Kelly's often quoted but seldom heeded antitropism, "We have met the enemy and he is us" which is based on the famous military line, "We have met the enemy and his is ours." Dennis?

Actually any old answer you make up could be rite, so, John, your first response is an option..a person can always JUST SAY NO to unpatented nonsense. If "nonsense" actually exists, say, in the Parallel Universe called "Mr Lucky".

The second answer is, when you are rich and famous, everbuddy wannabe yer fren'. Even Crocs!! And when you have a really lot of big guys workin' fer ya, yer enemies are kinda hard to find. But! As Hobbes said at the Impregnable Snow Fort Debacle re: Calvin de-coys, "Your enemies must not be very bright." Reference MP sketcher,skitter or spoof--HOW NOT TO BE SEEN. (Hey zeeebas--eez "box o' fun" see it say so right on side of box) Nex' to Ethicator switch.

Howland Owl So Ever----------- what I was really thinking of is: The Pearl of Great Price, and the Pauline comment that we are "already seated in heavenly places." People can say they are your enemies and really try to be --see John 7-- but when , "Forgive them Father" is a set but yet not frozen policy, as it is and was before time was brought into existence and way before dirty deeds are done to you n' me-one realizes that there can be a palpably felt reality of the claim "What can man do to me?" Which is something I have begun to feel and understand in the last 6-7 months.
It is in fact what prodded me to start this blog. Sadducee to Pharisee to Holy Spirit--not meaning Christiandumb, Christian lite, or Religion qua Religion.. The person William Wilberforce--who most of us know, but forget that his signature work is Real Christianity which is still in print and very much applicable today-may be an example. But we haven't discussed it yet . "Strangely Warmed" is one humble attempt to address the actual Presence but like all descriptions, it is meaningless and a serious understatement unless it actually happens to happen. I can tell a person some poetic diction but it sure isn't dictation..to have dictation one has to have a Dictater.............or......

The pertinent question for me now is, What can God do to me? And I can't begin to answer that and at my age I am more a- gnostic about this than ever.. what has replaced it is in incomprhensible awe of my surroundings, something which is quite beyond words..the letter without the Spirit is dead.


"Is this a trick question?" Calvin asked the UberMom when he was caught pounding nails into the coffee table--"What are you doing!!!!!!!" could be a trick I suppose.. it's like the question God might ask us back when we ask, usually in anger, "Why aren't you doing anything about the suffering in this world?" I think the real Calvin and the real environmentalists have come to agree that man is the problem, not God.


Sorry I asked?

I would only add, to the IT'S COMPLICATED theme Psalm , that it is said that the last enemy is death. And that we are our own worst enemies which is easily and empirically demonstrable. "DEATH THERAPY,BOB:<)))) Winkey Pratney startled his atheist friend contemplating the hemlock. His friend said, It's all hopeless I just have to die!" "Yes! Yes!! 'Oh yes!!! That's exactly what you have to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(EUREKA!!!)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that I had heard the quote before, I just coudn't remember it precisely. Strangely enough, I was going to write "friends", but instead of going with my gut I second guessed myself (as I do so often). However, I'm glad to know there was an answer. ...kind of.

    ReplyDelete