Saturday, February 27, 2010

News from Lake Winipisaukee

Everywhere I am running into reminders of Lent, even in the newspaper columns on Ed's page. Since I have never officially celebrated- if that's the word- Lent; nor Mardis Gras for that matter, this particular season started out with no consideration of participation.

I gather it used to be commonplace to ask people what they are giving up for Lent..I have done some fasting in my days, and when I was in TEC, "wheat" was something you gave up for a particular participant to remind them- and you- that it was a serious responsibility to pray before, during , and after the TEC or Cursillo. And were we praying for Aunt Noodlenose's elbow or for the parking lot project? No, there was unity in the one thing we asked, which was that they and we would meet Christ by the agency of the Holy Spirit.

At the same time I have been getting a strong sense that I am to put this blog to sleep, to lie fallow; to, in the immortal words of Dr. Leo Marvin, "Take a vacation....from my problems!!!" I will be on the road anyway, and so March seems to be an excellent match for, "Give it a rest, why doncha?" I may resume after Easter, Lord willing. Again I say, Lord willing.

I may tie up a few loose ends in the AM.....stay "posted"

No comments:

Post a Comment