Sunday, June 20, 2010

6-20-10 FATHERS DAY GRACES

My greetings and honor to all you non-deadbeat dads, and to those who honor them. Thanks Dad, if you are reading this, I cared enough to send my berry vest. I trust Flo is treating thee and thine own well?

Here's an unfortunate turn of phrase that describes too many biological fathers--they have "hit and run disease." Particular honor then to those who become a father to the fatherless.

My wife--the wife if truth be desired to be known--is currently visiting my parents in Jacksonville, by her own delightful volitions. In her wake she left me the new bio of Dietrich Bonhoffer. Suprise, suprise, Bonhoffer was and is saying pretty much what I have been trying to convey on this blog, but only occasionally hear in "Christiandom" The term"cheap grace" originated in his writings, which is ersatz amazing grace; another term is "religionless Christianity" of which he became a prime example of grace under the noose.

More later--but you already guessed that. I'm off to spend the day with Mark and John.

No comments:

Post a Comment