Sunday, May 9, 2010

"Circle Slide"

We had a bit of a scare yesterday. My closest colleague, Dr. Dave Scholl, called me while I was jogging in that wondrous canopy of green things at Snyder's Grove( do you realise that LIFE is in 3-D!!!???).to tell me that his Dad had passed away. It gave me cause to stop jogging and to walk and wonder as I wandered.

But I did keep to the beaten path. Just last week I treated a 10 year old for Rhus envenomation -poison ivy/oak/sumac--because she and her friends insisted on making their own way through the woods--I directed them to the library. I have found that beaten paths have new findings every time I walk on them, but on skis, that's a different matter!!!

"A path! Apath!" say the Knights who all too recently said "Nih!" (Nihil obstat of curse) One letter away from a-path-y? Yet there is a concern of the heart that makes one imagine the worst when our loved ones are threatened, Imagine my consternation when Bro Michael called last night and said he hadn't been able to get ahold of our mutual parent-pair since Weds! "All's well that ends well." They had merely strayed to the end of the town, 40 shillings reward! (A.A. Milne James James Morrison Morrison Wetherford George Dupree a perfect cautionary tale for sophisticated Moms everywhere--Happy Momma's Day t'all!!) No, seriously, they went to a High School play for which a friend had design'd the set and "enjoyed it very much," --even the policias in the driveway when they got back??? Yes, what better way to "care enuf to send the wera best"- Jacksonville's finest?

Still wandering off the set after all these years, eh?

"Eventuuallee--uh--at the end"--we give thanks for the continuing survival of our folks--and appreciate them even more today than yesterday, or last Mother's Day even. (By the way, I proposed to Flo exactly 31 years ago yesterday, "down on the farm." Go 'way, Paree!!)

More later, as events/idees warrant....

No comments:

Post a Comment